Important Note: Adult supervision and participation is required for this activity.
- 8 oz. bottle house glue
- 8 oz. water
- poster paint
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 tsp. borax powder (purchase in laundry section of grocery store)
- Pour glue into a big bowl.
- Fill empty glue bottle with water and pour water into the bowl with the glue.
- Add several drops of poster paint(s), then stir.
- In a smaller bowl or measuring cup, stir together 1 cup warm water and 1 1/2 tsp. borax powder.
- Pour borax mixture into glue mixture, slowly as you stir. Swirl and knead with your hands until goop becomes "elastic".
- Play away!!
Suggestions: Because, after all, it IS paint and glue!
- Keep the substance away from carpets and upholstered furniture.
- If the mixture gets into kids' clothes, rinse out with soap and water right away.
- Supervise young children so they don't ingest the mixture.
Visitors since July 4, 1998